3 day VW jeep tour
Make the most out of your Bali vacation and dont miss out on the islands beauty- we will take you on a 3 day VW jeep tour that you will always remember.
Our adventure combines scenic drives, rainforest walks, dolphin watching, snorkelling and hidden beaches.
- Start off with your VW convertible jeep to a drive into the mountains and we will take you on a 45 minute trek through the rice fields. Continue to the rainforest of Mount Batukaru and also visit a romantic temple in the middle of the jungle
- A scenic and leisurely drive takes you through Balis most spectacular riceterraces at Jatuluwih. Meanwhile you will stop at vanilla, coffee and cacao plantations. As you go further up the mountains you reach Bedugul with its coulourful Beratan lake around noon.
- Visit Ulun Danu temple, dedicated to the water goddess and stroll around the beautiful gardens.
- After lunch bargain for spice and fruit at a local market and continue further North to Munduk, while driving along the ridge of an old volcanic crater with views of lake Buyan and Tamblingan.
- Walk to a waterfall wher you can also enjoy a swim in the cool pond. Later you reach Lovina beach for your overnight stay.
- After breakfast the tour continues through the old capital of Singaraja on to Kintamani with its spectacular prehistoric Batur volcano. A gigantic exposion about 28000 Years ago created a caldera with a size of 12 kilometers. The deepest part is filled with Balis largest sweetwater lake and later eruptions gave rise to Mount Batur 1700 meters high. The Batur area was recently included by UNESCO as a geo parek and world heritage site. The highlight of the tour is a drive into the old Batur caldera with its black lava fields. Walk around bizarre lava formations and learn about the amazing geology of the place.
- Afterwards enjoy a Balinese lunch buffet with unforgettable views of the area.
- Continue eastwards through beautiful riceterraces and stop at tranquil Tirtha Ganga- a waterpalace built by a king of Karangasam. Take photos of ponds filled with lotuses and waterllilys, of fountains and stone statues.
- Finally you arrive in the fishing village of Amed with its turquoise green waters and coral reefs where you stay overnight
- Enjoy snorkeling in Jemeluk bay in the morning and see incredibly colourful coral fish
- Continue the tour on Balis breezy and most eastern and remote road with unbelievebale vistas of the coast and fishing villages tucked away at the numerous beaches and reach Amlapura, the former Karangsam kingdoms capital with its wide and shady roads.
- Visit the palace Puri Agung, still inhabited by members of the royal family and drive a short way to White Sand Beach. This gem of a beach is a well kept secret and not frequented by a lot of tourists. The swimming is excellent, the water bluish green and the sand white as sugar. There are a couple of warungs on the beach that provide umbrellas and sun chairs.
- You will have lunch here and plenty of time for swimming.
- In the afternoon on the way home we will stop at the bat cave Goa Lawah, an important site for worship and a natural wonder with its hundreds of bats. One more photo stop at a scenic black sand beach and later you drive along the Eastern highway back south.
services and rates
departures every day
BUDGET HOTELS: Simple Hotels, Air-conditioned, private bathroom, beach location.
330 USD per adult, children(maximum one child) up to 12 yrs sharing accommodation (extra bed) 90 USD
MID RANGE HOTELS: Good Tourist class Hotels
380 USD p Adult, children (maximum 1 child)up to 12 years old sharing accommodation (extra Bed) 100 USD
FIRST CLASS HOTELS :
440 USD per Person, children (maximum 1 child) up to 12 years old sharing accommodation(extra bed) 120 USD
High season surcharge: ( maybe not to be applied ) 1.7 to 15.9 and 20.12 to 10.1 : USD 40 p Person Tourist and First class hotels only.
Minimum 2 persons.
Group prices-minimum 6 Pax on request.
the tour includes
- Transport in VW 181,
- English speaking guide,
- all entrance fees and donations,
- Accommodation on basis double occupancy,
- 2x breakfast,
- 3 x lunch